Experience some of the mouth watering flavours from around our region!
We always have large stocks of our delicious seasonal, home grown fruit and vegetables in our shops, including our sacks of potatoes – 25kg and 10kg and sacks of locally produced onions – 10kg and 5kg.
Our beef comes from Frettenham. The animals enjoy a wonderful life roaming the meadows, and are fed only on food produced on the farm.
Our pork is free range from the Farmer’s Weekly ‘Pig Farmer of the Year 2005’.
Our lamb is from the East Anglian Farmer’s Co-operative
Our free range chickens come from a farm in Hindolveston.
The animals all enjoy a good and happy life.
Produce we typically stock at the Farm Shops – this is an example of just some of the produce we have to offer………
- Norfolk apple juice- from Ashill and Wroxham (using some of the apples produced in our orchards), including cider vinegar
- Norfolk herbs
- Fruit vinegars from Little Melton – a vinegar infusion of natural flavours handmade in Norfolk to a Victorian recipe using only the finest, whenever possible locally sourced ingredients.
- Norfolk honey – from hives all around the area
- Full range of flours, including spelt, oats, bran and museli (the full range) from Letheringsett Water Mill
- Whalebone bakery bread (Melton Constable) – some of which is made from the flour produced at Letheringsett Water Mill – including spelt scones
- Organic bread (Fri/Sat/Sun Beeston only) from Metfield Bakery
- Chillis Galore (Spixworth) – an exciting range of scrummy chilli sauces – from quite cool to VERY hot!
- Home baked cakes, scones and quiches from Aylsham, Diss and Moulton St Mary
- Delicious hand made meringues – just a bit chewy on the inside – from Diss
- Channells Norfolk Preserves (Gt. Yarmouth) – pickled onions, pickled eggs, vinegars, chutneys
- Essence Jams from Dereham – Winners of the EDP Norfolk Food Awards Retail Product of the Year 2007. An unusual range of mouth-watering jams made with locally sourced products whenever possible.
- Bird food, including high energy seed and sunflower seed from Bintree Bird Seed – all grown and packaged on the farm!
- Norfolk Garden (Gt. Plumstead)- jams, preserves and chutneys – using some of the fruit produced on our farms
- An imaginative range of mayonnaises and dressings from Stokes, Suffolk Mud and Swayfen
- Meats, pies, pork pies, Cornish pasties, sausage rolls and bacon from Tavern Tasty Meats (Swafield) – made with meat from rare breed herds
- Lane Farm Country Foods – pork products reared on the farm including Suffolk salami
- Pointens yoghurts, milk and cream (Stody)
- Crabs from Jonas at East Runton caught off the Norfolk coast
- Broadland Hams (Norwich) – bacon, gammon and ham
- Venison from Gunton Park
- Organic meat (to order) and local game from Nigel Harvey
- Fresh fish and fabulous Suffolk cured bacon, plus rollmops & fish patés from Pinney’s of Orford
- Fish from Mid Norfolk Smokery – including fish cakes
- Handmade quiches from the Norfolk/Suffolk border
- Mrs Temples cheeses (Wells)- including Wareham, Wighton and the famous award winning ‘Binham Blue’
- Norfolk Dapple cheeses (Little Barningham) – including Norfolk Tawny and Norfolk Dapple
- Rapeseed Oils from Chatteris and Heveningham
- Local free range and double-yolked eggs
- Ice cream from Lakenham Creamery (including Aldous and Eileen’s diabetic) and Dairyland (Beeston) and Ronaldo’s (Blofield) and new at HFG Beeston fab ‘Farmhouse Ice Cream’ – straight from the farm – some is made with our fruit!
- Milk from Norton’s Dairy at Frettenham – hopefully cream and butter coming soon!
- Teas from the Ethical Tea Company and fairtrade coffee – both packaged in Norwich
- A range of products for those of you with special dietary needs – including our new locally made sugar free cakes, egg free and gluten/wheat free products
- Coal and charcoal
- Hay and straw from our farms